Well of Life

Sunday, July 02, 2006

What's wrong with folks?.....

I mean I would really like to know the answer to that question... I went out tonight for a drive and decided to stop at Safeway to get some ice cream. Actually I had the taste for a milkshake but after going through a couple of fastfood drivethru windows and being told the "shake machine wasn't working this evening"...I decided to make my own.

Anway, I get my items and make my way to the checkout line, only to discover whose line it was. The woman(who I'm tempted to call Foodzilla..but I won't) whose line I vowed to NEVA get in again. This woman is full of attitude. No, she's downright abusive! She always has this look on her face like you woke her up and came to her house to beg for food and now you are asking her to bag up the food.

There were two woman in front of me, with lots of food in their carts....but on the counter there are two plums, a yellow onion, a gallon of vinegar and a watermelon. The woman directly in front of me is trying to figure out whose food is rolling around on the counter toward the cashier. She looks towards me and I shook my head no and then she looks toward the cashier. The cashier snaps at the woman and says, "JUST PUT THAT STUFF IN A BASKET!! I DON'T KNOW WHO IT BELONGS TO!!" still acting like we are in her kitchen.

The woman ahead of me, sheepishly backed her cart out of the aisle, leaving the unclaimed items rolling down the counter. She looked at me nervously and said, "You can go ahead." Now the items are in front of me. There's a young guy....who usually bags the groceries sitting on the counter,flipping through a magazine watching all this..

I kind chuckled to myself as I realized that these food items had been rolling and rolling a long time...the plums, onion and watermelon started rolling backwards. I thought, even the food doesn't want to deal with Foodzil....I mean the cashier.

Another woman was standing behind me...she had been standing there for a while, watching. The cashier sighed heavily and started snatching the items off the counter and put them in a return basket. The woman behind me says, "Oh! those are my things!" The cashier turn around with fire in her eyes and hissed through clinched teeth, "Dag! she does this every night!"

The lady behind me laughed nervously and said, "YUP!" Then looks at me and says, "She had some other customers and I needed a few more things so I just left my stuff here to go get some other stuff"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home